Michigan High School Football Coaches Association Educational Scholarship for first year students
These scholarships are for those outstanding students who are involved in your football programs. There are 12 scholarships awarded statewide. In addition to players this could include managers, statisticians, student trainers, football cheerleaders, or any others that are part of your program.
All candidates need to fill out a scholarship form and return it according to the directions. These awards are based on class rank, ACT score, GPA, references, and a student biography. Successful candidates in the past have generally had a GPA of 3.5 or higher and an ACT score of 25 or higher.
For more information, visit http://www.mhsfca.com/for-coaches/mhsfca-educational-scholarship-for-first-year-students/. Applications can be downloaded here.
***ONLY ONE STUDENT IS ELIGIBLE FROM OUR SCHOOL. TURN YOUR APPLICATIONS INTO MR. MALONEY BY FEBRUARY 15, 2018. A SELECTION COMMITTEE WILL CHOOSE WHO WILL GO ON FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP.
The deadline for applying is March 1, 2018.
Michigan Education Association Scholarship
The Michigan Education Association announces their scholarship for high school seniors.
- Dependent of MEA member or MEA-Retired member in good standing.
- Graduate of a Michigan public high school or private high school that has an MEA bargaining unit.
- Will attend or is currently an undergraduate student of a Michigan public community/junior college, four-year degree-granting institution, or vocational training institution that grants a degree, certification or license. Those attending the following private institutions ONLY are also eligible: Baker College-Flint/Owosso; University of Detroit–Mercy; Adrian College; Finlandia University; and Albion College. (The aforementioned private institutions are existing local MEA affiliates.)
- Note: Children of MEA officers, fund trustees, and MEA staff are not eligible.
(A child of an MEA, MESSA or MEA-FS staff person is eligible if the other parent is an MEA member in good standing).
- The scholarship will not be awarded for the purpose of working on a post-baccalaureate degree.
Applications are available online. The deadline for applying is February 22, 2018.
Michigan Association of Retired School Personnel Scholarship
The Wexford/Missaukee Chapter of MARSP will offer two (2) five hundred dollar ($500) scholarships each year to Wexford and Missaukee County public school students who are enrolled in a program leading to a degree from a recognized college, university, trade or technical school. Applications can be downloaded here. The deadline to apply is February 16, 2018.
AXA Achievement Scholarship
The AXA Achievementsm Scholarship provides over $1.4 million in scholarships to young people throughout the nation representing all 50 states, Washington DC and Puerto Rico. Students have the opportunity to receive a $2,500, $10,000 or $25,000 scholarship. In addition, for every student who wins a scholarship, a grant in the amount of $1,000 will be made to the winner’s school.
Applicants to the AXA Achievementsm Scholarship must:
- Be United States citizens or legal residents living or claiming residency in one of the 50 united states, Washington, D.C. or Puerto Rico
- Be current high school seniors who plan to enroll full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States for the entire 2018-2019 academic year
- Demonstrate ambition and self-drive as evidenced by outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities
- Because reducing risk is woven into the fabric of our company, special consideration is given to achievements that empower society to mitigate risk through education and/or action in areas such as financial, environmental, health, safety and/or emergency preparedness
For more information and to apply, visit: https://www.scholarsapply.org/axa-achievement/
The deadline for applying is December 15, 2017.
Elks National Foundation Scholarship
The Cadillac Lodge #680 is pleased to announce the Elks National Foundation Scholarship.
The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships to the highest-rated applicants in the 2018 competition.
- Current high school seniors, or the equivalent, who are citizens of the United States are eligible to apply.
- Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks.
- High school graduates are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are signed; permanent legal resident status does not qualify.
- Male and female students compete separately
The application is available online. The deadline for applying is November 27, 2017.
Ave Maria University Scholarship (Michigan Scholarship)
$7,000 ($3,500 per semester)
Type: Renewable up to 4 years
– Must be a resident of the state of Michigan
– Applicant must be a first-time college freshman with a high school GPA of 2.8 (unweighted) or above; and an ACT score of 22 or above, or a SAT score of 1100 or above, who is accepted for admission at Ave Maria University for Fall 2017. (may NOT be a returning AMU student)
– Applicant must be a practicing Catholic (endorsement letter from parish)
– Recipient must maintain a University GPA of 2.5 to keep the scholarship.
– Must complete Ave Maria University’s online scholarship application (www.avemaria.edu/apply)
– Apply early – a limited number of scholarships will be awarded
Application is available online.
Wendy’s High School Heisman Scholarship
Applying for the Wendy’s High School Heisman Scholarship is your chance to be rewarded and gain local, state, and even national recognition for all that you’ve put into your high school career. If you’ve maintained at least a B average, participate in at least one school-sponsored sport, are a leader in your community and role model at your school, then you’ve got what it takes to be a Wendy’s High School Heisman. Applications are available online. Deadline for applying is October 2, 2017.
Michigan Association of Fairs and Exhibitions Scholarship
- Each year six (6) scholarships of $1,000 may be awarded, one being the Neil Kentner memorial scholarship.
- Scholarship is open to applicants that are high school seniors or currently enrolled in an institution of advance learning such as a college, university or trade school. (If applicant is a high school senior they must have submitted an application to an advanced leaning institution.)
- Application must be RECEIVED by October 1.
- Scholarships winners will be announced at the Annual MAFE Convention.
- Recipients may apply each year he or she is enrolled in the Institution, but shall not be eligible to receive a scholarship more than 6 years. Preference for awarding of scholarship each year will be to first-time applicants.
- The scholarship can be used for any and all expenses related to the applicants’ continued education.
- The full amount of the scholarship will be paid at the MAFE Annual Convention. If attendee is not present at the convention, the scholarship will be mailed to the address listed in the application.
- The applicant must be involved in MAFE member organization and related industry for the prior 3 years.
Send by mail or email to:
Michigan Association of Fairs and Exhibitions
P.O. Box 554, Manchester, Michigan 48158