WEXFORD COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY SCHOLARSHIP- ESSAY COMPETITION
Scholarship awards: First place- $1,250 Second place- $750 Third place- $500
This essay contest is open to any senior that lives in Wexford County. The student must have been accepted in to a post-high school education program or the US Military service (trade school programs are included). The essay must be between 250-500 total words. If you would like more information or the application, please see Mrs. Schwartz or Drew Bronkema!
MCBAIN PARENT-TEACHER ORGANIZATION (PTO) SCHOLARSHIP FOR ANY GRADUATING SENIOR
This $500 scholarship is for a graduating senior at McBain High School who is active in volunteerism and plans to further his/her education by attending an educational institution after graduating from High School. Applicants must be active in volunteer activities at school, church, and/or in the community and maintain a GPA 2.5. Applications are due May 1st and can be found through the link below!
MCBAIN PARENT-TEACHER ORGANIZATION (PTO) ARTS & SCIENCES SCHOLARSHIP
This $500 scholarship is for a student of McBain High School who is active in volunteerism, and plans to attend a summer camp, class, or course in the Arts/Sciences field. Applicants must be active in volunteer activities at school, church, and/or in the community and must be of good character with at least a 2.5 GPA. Applications are due May 1st and can be found through the link below!
CREDIT UNION OFFERS 2 HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS $2,500 SCHOLARSHIPS
Here’s your chance at landing a scholarship and with it, an opportunity to give back. The LAFCU will award two $2,500 scholarships to either Baker College or Lansing Community College. The winners will also get $500 to donate to one of three charities. Interested students must write a one page essay. Applications can be found through the link below, and are due before March 31st!
LIFE SKILLS PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES WESTMAAS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SCHOLARSHIP
This $2,000 scholarship is awarded to a graduating senior who intends to pursue a graduate degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or other mental health related field. Applications are due no later than April 7th, and can be found through the link below!
MERRITT-BUTTERFIELD UNITED METHODIST CHURCH SCHOLARSHIP
The Merritt-Butterfield United Methodist Church (MBUMC) is pleased to announce a $500 scholarship available to first year traditional and non-traditional students residing in Missaukee County in order to be used for Tuition, Books, or Room and Board. Consideration will be given for applications as deemed appropriate by the Church Scholarship Committee
Applications are due May 1st and can be found through the link below!
JOHN A BIEWER CO INC SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
$1,000 financial support for college tuition and expenses. Applications are due by March 22nd, 2019. Application forms can be found in the link below!
- Graduating high-school senior
- Pursuing a career in Business, Forestry or Industrial Maintenance
- Minimum GPA 3.0 (provided by copy of transcripts)
- Demonstrate financial need, community involvement or work history
2019 FUTURE LEADERS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Don’s Auto Clinic and High Point Auto and Truck Center wants to reward three students for being an active part of their community and embodying the true meaning of being a leader. Three finalists will be selected to appear in PSA’s on 9&10 News and will be competing for a $2,000 scholarship for college. Second place will receive $1,000 and $500 for third place. To apply click the link below! The deadline for applying is April 12, 2019!
MCBAIN RURAL AGRICULTURAL SCHOOLS FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS
The MRASF is pleased to offer their various scholarships to McBain High School seniors. There are two categories of scholarships: Specific and General. For the Specific Scholarships, you will need to read each one and apply for only those that you qualify for. For the General Scholarships, you need to complete the Foundation Scholarship Application to be eligible for ALL of the General Scholarships. ALL applications must be submitted to Mrs. Schwartz or Drew Bronkema. The deadline for applying is the Friday before Spring Break!
SPECIFIC SCHOLARSHIPS (you need to complete each application separately)
MICHIGAN SCHOLARSHIP BUDDY SCHOLARSHIPS
Below there are 14 different scholarships for various students. Check out this link to see which scholarships you qualify for! Michigan Scholarship Buddy
All 14 of these scholarships have different application deadlines! Click the links to the ones you qualify for and apply!
MIKE ROWE FOUNDATION: WORK ETHIC SCHOLARSHIP
Calling ALL skilled workers- Plumbers, electricians, welders, and all skilled workers who make civilized life possible. We’re looking for the next generation of aspiring workers who will work smart and hard. This program doesn’t focus on test scores, grades, or grammar. It’s about the people who share our values and understand the importance of work ethic, personal responsibility, delayed gratification, and a positive attitude.
Deadline for applying is March 28th, 2019. The application and more info can be found here
LOCKHEED MARTIN STEM SCHOLARSHIP
Lockheed Martin has launched a new scholarship program to provide opportunities to students who want to build their talents and change the world! Beginning in 2019, we are awarding 200 scholarships of $10,000 per student – renewable each year, and will be open to individuals studying engineering or computer science that demonstrate financial need and come from underrepresented or underserved communities.
- Current high school seniors with a cumulative 3.5 or above GPA, or current college freshmen or sophomores with a cumulative 3.0 or above GPA
- Majoring or planning to major in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Math, Physics, Information Systems/Management Information Systems or Information Assurance
- Demonstrate financial need
Deadline for applications is March 12, 2019. Click here for more information and applications!
CADILLAC ELKS LODGE SCHOLARSHIP FUND & LEONARD WRIGHT SCHOLARSHIP FUND
The Cadillac Elks Lodge Scholarship Fund will award up to six $500 academic or vocational scholarships. The Leonard Wright Scholarship Fund will award $1,000 to one student for an academic or vocational scholarship. Completion of one form/application will enter you into both scholarships offered.
- Any student graduating in 2019 from Cadillac, Heritage Christian, Home School, Lake City, Manton, McBain, Mesick, NMC, or Pine River
- Must be accepted by an accredited licensing/certification program or a bachelor’s/associate degree program
Deadline for applications is April 1st, 2019. More information and applications click here
NORTHWESTERN MICHIGAN COLLEGE- W.R. ANGELL SCHOLARSHIP & PETA WILLIAMS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship is worth a total of $2,000 ($1,000 each semester). Scholarship funds will be awarded to students who demonstrate a strong scholastic ability and interests in the sciences. These scholarships are merit based and are renewable for a second year of study at NMC.
- Intended major for Angell Scholarship: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Geology, Physics, or other related specialties in the Natural Sciences
- Intended major for Williams Scholarship: Biology and Environmental Science
- Take a full time class schedule (minimum 12 credits)
Deadline for applications is April 3rd, 2019. More information and applications click here or the link below
THE WEXFORD-MISSAUKEE BAR ASSOCIATION WILLIAM R. PETERSON SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship is anticipated to be a minimum of $1,000. Three personal references of good character/sportsmanship and a copy of your high school transcript must be attached to the application.
- Must be a student who is interested in a curriculum of prelaw, history, political science, or other suitable liberal arts program
- Maintained at GPA of 3.0 or higher as well as a minimum of 900 SAT
- Must have participated in two or more school activities
Deadline for applications is April 15th, 2019. More information and applications click here
MICHIGAN RETAILERS ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP
For the 2019-20 school year, there will be 21 awarded scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $1,500. Consideration will be given to those who rank in the top of their class academically as well as your extra curricular activities.
- Must be HS senior or college freshman/sophomore/junior
- Student must have a parent employed at a business that is a member of the Michigan retailers Association
Online applications are available through the link below. Deadline for applying is April 1st, 2019.
OSCEOLA COUNTY FARM BUREAU 2019 SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarships will be NO less than $250 & multiple scholarships may be awarded. Scholarship money will be awarded after the student has completed your first semester of the 2019-2020 school year while maintaining at least a 2.0
- A parent must be a member of the Osceola County Farm Bureau
- Must attend a post secondary educational institution or vocational program
- May reapply each year
Deadline for applications is April 1st, 2019. More information and applications can be found here
CADILLAC WOMEN’S CLUB- DOLLY SPRAGUE ALLIED HEALTH FIELD SCHOLARSHIP 2019
The Cadillac Women’s Club is offering a scholarship for the 2018-2019. This scholarship is available for students interested in nursing or health related occupations.
Applications and reference letters must be received no later than March 25, 2019. Applications can be found here
MICHIGAN EDUCATION ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP
There are two $500 scholarships available. Criteria of selected winners includes: academic achievement, school/community service, extracurricular activities, and application content. Winners will be notified in March.
- At least one parent or legal guardian MUST be an MEA member in good standing and be employed in a MEA 15-B Coordinating Council District
- High school senior or a graduate of a high school or an undergraduate student who graduate from a high school and is currently attending college
- Will attend, or currently attending, a public community/junior, degree granting institution or vocational training institution in Michigan, that grants a degree, certification or license.
Paper applications are available and must be postmarked no later than February 28, 2019. See Mrs. Schwartz or Drew Bronkema for an application.
SCHOLARSHIP: FRATERNAL ORDER OF EAGLES
Scholarship winners will receive scholarship money after they have completed their first semester of college. You must submit a copy of your report card and have record that you’re are enrolled for second semester.
Paper applications are available and due before the last day in February. See Mrs. Schwartz or Drew Bronkema for an application.
JUNIORS ONLY: The Coolidge Scholarship
The Coolidge Scholarship is an annually awarded, full-ride, presidential scholarship that covers a student’s tuition, room, board, and expenses for four years of undergraduate study. This one-of-a-kind scholarship may be used at any accredited college or university in the U.S. Finalists are flown in for a finalist weekend at the Coolidge Historic Site in Plymouth Notch, Vermont where they interview with the Coolidge Scholars Finalist Jury. Finalists who are not named Coolidge Scholars are eligible to receive a smaller, one-time, college scholarship.
- Must intend to enroll full-time at an accredited U.S. college or university as an undergraduate for the first time in fall 2020
- Must be citizens or legal permanent residents of the United States of America
Applications are available through the link below. Deadline for applying is Jan. 23, 2019. Applications and letters of recommendation must be received by this deadline in order to be considered.
MICHIGAN ASSOCIATION OF RETIRED SCHOOL PERSONNEL
The Wexford/Missaukee Chapter of MARSP will offer two (2) Five hundred-dollar ($500) scholarships each year to Wexford and Missaukee County public school senior students who are enrolling in a program, leading to a degree from a recognized college, university, trade or technical school. Only students graduating in 2019 from a Wexford or Missaukee County public high school are eligible to apply.
If interested, see Drew Bronkema or Mrs. Schwartz for the application.
By February 18, 2019, please send:
1. Completed application. We suggest that you have someone proofread your application before you send it.
2. Your typed essay including information regarding why you should be accepted for this scholarship. It would be wise to also have someone proofread this also.
3. A copy of your high school transcript.
4. A copy of your college acceptance letter.
If you are selected to receive this scholarship you will be required to attend our April meeting, to give a presentation. You will be given advanced notice of this event.
CADILLAC INSTITUTE OF COSMETOLOGY
There are two available scholarships for McBain ONLY students attending the Cadillac Institute of Cosmetology. Each scholarship is worth a total of 1,000. To apply, see Drew Bronkema or Mrs. Schwartz for an application.
- Must be a McBain high school senior
- Must attend Cadillac Institute of Cosmetology
- Complete the application by March 1
2019 MICHIGAN EDUCATION ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP
The amount and number of scholarships offered each year shall be determined by the trustees of the MEA Scholarship Fund. Such scholarships may be offered on a renewal basis limited to four times in a five-year period. Last year 43 total scholarships were given away totaling $47,250. Selection criteria: academic achievement, extra-curricular activities, and school/community service
- Dependent of MEA member or MEA-Retired member in good standing
- Graduate of a Michigan public high school or private high school that has an MEA bargaining unit (Diploma must be received in the year of application)
- Will attend or is currently an undergraduate student of a Michigan public community/junior college, four-year degree-granting institution, or vocational training institution that grants a degree, certification or license. Those attending the following private institutions ONLY are also eligible: Baker College-Flint/Owosso; University of Detroit–Mercy; Adrian College; Finlandia University; and Albion College (The aforementioned private institutions are existing local MEA affiliates)
- Note: Children of MEA officers, fund trustees, and MEA staff are not eligible
(A child of an MEA, MESSA or MEA-FS staff person is eligible if the other parent is an MEA member in good standing)
- The scholarship will not be awarded for the purpose of working on a post-baccalaureate degree
Applications are available through the link below. The deadline for applying is February 21, 2019
Society of Manufacturing Engineers Education Foundation Scholarship
The SME Education Foundation’s scholarships offer students a powerful reason to choose a manufacturing focused education. They award our scholarships annually, so students can re-apply every year. Scholarships range from $1,000 – $6,000 and can be used for tuition, books or lab/course fees related to attaining a technical or engineering education.
- High school seniors
- Graduate students pursuing degrees in advanced manufacturing and related fields at two- and four-year colleges
Applications are available through the link below. The deadline for applying is February 1, 2019
MENSA EDUCATION AND RESEARCH FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
The Mensa Education & Research Foundation college scholarship program bases its awards totally on essays written by the applicants. Consideration is not given to grades, academic program or financial need. Essays must be not more than 550 words explaining their career, academic and/or vocational goals and how they plan to achieve those goals.
- Available for students of all ages
- Members of American Mensa AND non members are both eligible
Applications are available through the link below. The deadline for applying is January 15, 2019
ELKS MOST VALUABLE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
The 2019 Most Valuable Student scholarship contest is open to any high school senior who is a US Citizen. Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership, and financial need.
- Current high school seniors, or the equivalent, who are citizens of the United States are eligible to apply.
- Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks.
- High school graduates are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are signed; permanent legal resident status does not qualify.
Applications are available online. The deadline for applying is November 15, 2018.
HAGAN SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION
The Purpose of the Hagan Scholarship is to provide each recipient with the opportunity to obtain a four-year college education and graduate debt free. The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship for high achieving, self-motivated students. The scholarship provides up to $6,000 each semester, up to $48,000 over four years.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must attend an Eligible Public High School.
- Must be a student in the 2019 high school graduating class.
- Must have achieved a high school CGPA of 3.50 or higher.
- Must have scored 23 or higher on the ACT (Composite Score) or 1,150 on the SAT.
- Must enroll at an eligible four-year college the first semester following high school graduation.
- Must work 240 hours in the twelve months prior to the start of college; from August 2018 to August 2019.
- Must complete the FAFSA in 2018 using 2017 tax return information; the EFC must not exceed $6,500.
- Must apply for eligible Federal and State grants.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony.
Applications are available through the link below. The deadline for applying is November 15, 2018