Missaukee County Farm Bureau – 2018 Bonnie Burkett Scholarship
Missaukee County Farm Bureau is pleased to offer a $200 scholarship that can be used for books and/or tuition. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be from a Farm Bureau family.
- Must pursue either a 2 or 4-year degree program in an agriculture-related field at a school in Michigan (preferred) and complete at least one school year.
- Plan to pursue an agricultural vocation.
- Scholarship will be paid after proof of registration of the second semester/term is submitted to Missaukee County Farm Bureau.
- Attend a Young Farmer event.
The application can be downloaded here. The deadline for applying is May 31, 2018.
Alpha Delta Kapp Scholarship
Alpha Delta Kappa is pleased to announce their scholarship for future educators. If you are interested in pursuing a career in education you are eligible for this $300 scholarship. Applications can be downloaded here. The deadline for applying is May 1, 2018.
William R. Peterson Memorial Scholarship
The Wexford-Missaukee Bar Association and the William R. Peterson Scholarship Committee are pleased to announce their scholarship for students planning to pursue a degree in prelaw, history, political science, or other suitable liberal arts program. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and an SAT score of 900 or higher. Applications can be downloaded here. The deadline for applying is May 1, 2018.
Work Ethic Scholarship Program
Calling all plumbers, carpenters, electricians, welders, auto-technicians, and anyone getting trained for skilled jobs that are in demand! For the fifth year in a row, the Work Ethic Scholarship Program will give away a free pile of money to those who demonstrate strong work ethic and a thirst for skilled training. The program launches on Monday, April 2, 2018, and the deadline to submit applications is Monday, June 4, 2018.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, there are some hoops to jump through. Click here to see what sets us apart from other programs.
Don’t Auto Clinic Scholarship
Don’s Auto Clinic is looking to reward the top three finalists for making community driven success a priority! Three finalists will be selected to appear in PSA’s on 9&10 News and will be vying for a $2,000 scholarship for college! Two others will also receive scholarships valued at $1,000 for second place and $500 for third place. Applications are available online here. The deadline to apply is April 30, 2018.
Merritt-Butterfield United Methodist Church Scholarship
The Merritt-Butterfield United Methodist Church is pleased to announce a $500 scholarship available to traditional and non-traditional students residing in Missaukee County. Applications can be downloaded here. The deadline for applying is May 1, 2018.
Baker College Scholarships
Baker College is offering a variety of scholarships based on GPA and test scores. Check out these scholarships to see if you qualify. (Applicants must be planning to attend Baker College.) Click Baker College Scholarships or visit https://www.baker.edu/admissions-and-aid/tuition-and-aid/scholarships
Osceola County Farm Bureau Scholarship
The Osceola County Farm Bureau is offering a scholarship to high school seniors whose parents are a member of the Osceola County Farm Bureau. Applications can be downloaded here. The deadline for applying is April 1, 2018.
McBain PTO Scholarship
The McBain Parent-Teacher Organization is offering a $500 scholarship to graduating seniors. Applicants must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher and be active participants in volunteer activities at school, church, or in the community. Applications are available in the Counseling Office or can be downloaded here. The deadline for applying is May 1, 2018.
John A Biewer Co Inc. Scholarship Award
Biewer Lumber is please to announce their John A. Biewer Co Inc. Scholarship Award. This scholarship is available to high school seniors planning to pursue a career in business, forestry, or industrial maintenance. Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. For more information, click here. Applications can be downloaded by clicking: John A Biewer Co Inc Scholarship Award Application. The deadline for applying is April 16, 2018.
Kent E. Johns Memorial Scholarship
The Elks Lodge #680 is pleased to offer the Kent E. Johns Memorial Scholarship to high school seniors attending one of the following schools: Cadillac, Heritage Christian, Home School, Lake City, Manton, McBain Mesick, Northern Michigan Christian or Pine River. Applicants must be accepted to an accredited/licensed program or college/university. Six (6) $500 scholarships will be awarded. Applications can be downloaded here. The deadline for applying is April 1, 2018.
W.R. Angell Scholarship and Peta Williams Memorial Scholarship
Northwestern Michigan College Science and Math Faculty are pleased to announce this scholarship opportunity for students planning to attend NMC and pursue a degree in the area of Natural Science. Applications are available online. The deadline for applying is April 4, 2018.
NSF Engineering Technology Scholars IMProving Retention and Student Success (ETS-IMPRESS)
Michigan Tech’s School of Technology was awarded nearly $1 million from the National Science Foundation (NSF) to begin addressing a need in Michigan and across the country, for a highly-trained, engineering technology, STEM workforce with baccalaureate degrees.
The five-year Engineering Technology Scholars-IMProving Retention and Student Success (ETS-IMPRESS) project provides financial support and an ecosystem of high-impact curricular and co-curricular activities to increase the success of academically-talented students.
A total of 12 first-time undergraduate engineering technology students will be supported with scholarships for four years. 36 students transferring from community colleges in the State of Michigan and neighboring states, will be supported with scholarships for two years. Each scholarship amounts to $4,500 per funded year.
The project brings together Michigan Tech’s programs in engineering technology that are offered through its School of Technology, and programs in the University’s Pavlis Honors College. School of Technology targeted majors are:
- Electrical Engineering Technology (EET)
- Computer Network and System Administration (CNSA)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET)
Acceptance to the ETS-IMPRESS program includes admission to the Pavlis Honors College, an innovative and inclusive college designed around high-impact educational practices. Accepted students will take Honors courses to compliment their studies. Applications are available online at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeNI3jvH7WMv7L4s83huZKBOoeHiEnfzt-ZpOuRP6E8KYyNSQ/viewform.
The deadline for applying is February 28, 2018.
McBain Rural Agricultural School Foundation Scholarships and the Earl and Viola Meekhof/Chemical Bank Scholarship
The McBain Rural Agricultural School Foundation Scholarships and the Earl and Viola Meekhof/Chemical Bank Scholarships are now available to McBain High School seniors. Applicants must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher and be planning to attend a post-secondary institution for further training/education. The links below will provide background information on each individual scholarship, however we ask that you please complete one application (provided below) rather than submit applications for each individual scholarship. The deadline for applying is the Friday before Spring Break.
**The links below are for information only. Do not use these as your scholarship applications.
Lem Tucker Scholarship
Central Michigan University is offering the Lem Tucker Scholarship to students planning to attend CMU in the fall and major in broadcasting, journalism, public relations, or related field. Applicants must have a 3.0 GPA or higher and an SAT score of 940 or higher. Visit their website for more information and to apply: https://www.cmich.edu/colleges/CCFA/Pages/Lem-Tucker-Scholarship-Page.aspx The deadline for applying is the second Friday in February 2018.
Michigan Retailers Association Scholarship
The Michigan Retailers Foundation is pleased to offer 19 scholarships ranging from $1000 to $2000 to high school seniors whose parent(s) is/are employed at a business that is a member of the Michigan Retailers Association. For more information and to apply, visit https://www.retailers.com/member-benefits/scholarship-program/. The deadline for applying is April 2, 2018.
Wexford-Missaukee ISD Scholarships
The Wexford-Missaukee ISD is offering scholarships to students in the Wexford-Missaukee ISD area. Applications can be downloaded here (scholarships available to McBain students is at the bottom of the front page of the application). The deadline for applying is April 15, 2018.
Dolly Sprague Allied Health Field Scholarship
The Cadillac Woman’s Club is pleased to announce their Dolly Sprague Allied Health Field Scholarship to high school seniors planning to pursue a career in nursing or other health-related occupation. Applications can be downloaded here. The deadline for applying is March 31, 2018.
MEA-15B Coordinating Council Scholarship
The Michigan Education Association is offering their MEA 15-B Coordinating Council Scholarship tp 6 high school seniors. Three of the recipients will be children/dependent of a 15-B Support Staff (ESP) Bargaining Unit member. The other three will be given to a child/dependent of a 15-B Teacher (EA) Bargaining Unit member. Applications can be downloaded here. The deadline for applying is February 23, 2018.
Michigan High School Football Coaches Association Educational Scholarship for first year students
These scholarships are for those outstanding students who are involved in your football programs. There are 12 scholarships awarded statewide. In addition to players this could include managers, statisticians, student trainers, football cheerleaders, or any others that are part of your program.
All candidates need to fill out a scholarship form and return it according to the directions. These awards are based on class rank, ACT score, GPA, references, and a student biography. Successful candidates in the past have generally had a GPA of 3.5 or higher and an ACT score of 25 or higher.
For more information, visit http://www.mhsfca.com/for-coaches/mhsfca-educational-scholarship-for-first-year-students/. Applications can be downloaded here.
***ONLY ONE STUDENT IS ELIGIBLE FROM OUR SCHOOL. TURN YOUR APPLICATIONS INTO MR. MALONEY BY FEBRUARY 15, 2018. A SELECTION COMMITTEE WILL CHOOSE WHO WILL GO ON FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP.
The deadline for applying is March 1, 2018.
Michigan Education Association Scholarship
The Michigan Education Association announces their scholarship for high school seniors.
- Dependent of MEA member or MEA-Retired member in good standing.
- Graduate of a Michigan public high school or private high school that has an MEA bargaining unit.
- Will attend or is currently an undergraduate student of a Michigan public community/junior college, four-year degree-granting institution, or vocational training institution that grants a degree, certification or license. Those attending the following private institutions ONLY are also eligible: Baker College-Flint/Owosso; University of Detroit–Mercy; Adrian College; Finlandia University; and Albion College. (The aforementioned private institutions are existing local MEA affiliates.)
- Note: Children of MEA officers, fund trustees, and MEA staff are not eligible.
(A child of an MEA, MESSA or MEA-FS staff person is eligible if the other parent is an MEA member in good standing).
- The scholarship will not be awarded for the purpose of working on a post-baccalaureate degree.
Applications are available online. The deadline for applying is February 22, 2018.
Michigan Association of Retired School Personnel Scholarship
The Wexford/Missaukee Chapter of MARSP will offer two (2) five hundred dollar ($500) scholarships each year to Wexford and Missaukee County public school students who are enrolled in a program leading to a degree from a recognized college, university, trade or technical school. Applications can be downloaded here. The deadline to apply is February 16, 2018.
AXA Achievement Scholarship
The AXA Achievementsm Scholarship provides over $1.4 million in scholarships to young people throughout the nation representing all 50 states, Washington DC and Puerto Rico. Students have the opportunity to receive a $2,500, $10,000 or $25,000 scholarship. In addition, for every student who wins a scholarship, a grant in the amount of $1,000 will be made to the winner’s school.
Applicants to the AXA Achievementsm Scholarship must:
- Be United States citizens or legal residents living or claiming residency in one of the 50 united states, Washington, D.C. or Puerto Rico
- Be current high school seniors who plan to enroll full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States for the entire 2018-2019 academic year
- Demonstrate ambition and self-drive as evidenced by outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities
- Because reducing risk is woven into the fabric of our company, special consideration is given to achievements that empower society to mitigate risk through education and/or action in areas such as financial, environmental, health, safety and/or emergency preparedness
For more information and to apply, visit: https://www.scholarsapply.org/axa-achievement/
The deadline for applying is December 15, 2017.
Elks National Foundation Scholarship
The Cadillac Lodge #680 is pleased to announce the Elks National Foundation Scholarship.
The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships to the highest-rated applicants in the 2018 competition.
- Current high school seniors, or the equivalent, who are citizens of the United States are eligible to apply.
- Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks.
- High school graduates are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are signed; permanent legal resident status does not qualify.
- Male and female students compete separately
The application is available online. The deadline for applying is November 27, 2017.
Ave Maria University Scholarship (Michigan Scholarship)
$7,000 ($3,500 per semester)
Type: Renewable up to 4 years
– Must be a resident of the state of Michigan
– Applicant must be a first-time college freshman with a high school GPA of 2.8 (unweighted) or above; and an ACT score of 22 or above, or a SAT score of 1100 or above, who is accepted for admission at Ave Maria University for Fall 2017. (may NOT be a returning AMU student)
– Applicant must be a practicing Catholic (endorsement letter from parish)
– Recipient must maintain a University GPA of 2.5 to keep the scholarship.
– Must complete Ave Maria University’s online scholarship application (www.avemaria.edu/apply)
– Apply early – a limited number of scholarships will be awarded
Application is available online.
Wendy’s High School Heisman Scholarship
Applying for the Wendy’s High School Heisman Scholarship is your chance to be rewarded and gain local, state, and even national recognition for all that you’ve put into your high school career. If you’ve maintained at least a B average, participate in at least one school-sponsored sport, are a leader in your community and role model at your school, then you’ve got what it takes to be a Wendy’s High School Heisman. Applications are available online. Deadline for applying is October 2, 2017.
Michigan Association of Fairs and Exhibitions Scholarship
- Each year six (6) scholarships of $1,000 may be awarded, one being the Neil Kentner memorial scholarship.
- Scholarship is open to applicants that are high school seniors or currently enrolled in an institution of advance learning such as a college, university or trade school. (If applicant is a high school senior they must have submitted an application to an advanced leaning institution.)
- Application must be RECEIVED by October 1.
- Scholarships winners will be announced at the Annual MAFE Convention.
- Recipients may apply each year he or she is enrolled in the Institution, but shall not be eligible to receive a scholarship more than 6 years. Preference for awarding of scholarship each year will be to first-time applicants.
- The scholarship can be used for any and all expenses related to the applicants’ continued education.
- The full amount of the scholarship will be paid at the MAFE Annual Convention. If attendee is not present at the convention, the scholarship will be mailed to the address listed in the application.
- The applicant must be involved in MAFE member organization and related industry for the prior 3 years.
Send by mail or email to:
Michigan Association of Fairs and Exhibitions
P.O. Box 554, Manchester, Michigan 48158